Mahamudra Tantra: The Supreme Heart Jewel Nectar
Teachings, meditations, retreats, and teaching skills with Gen Jindak
Sundays, 3:00pm -6:30pm
New class studying Mahamudra Tantra begins Sunday, February 5, at 3pm.
If you have experience with Kadampa Buddhist teachings, have HYT empowerment, and have the conditions to keep the commitments below, please contact our teacher about enrollment – email@example.com.
The purpose of the Teacher Training Program is…
1. To provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism
2. To train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers
3. To benefit living beings through the flourishing of Kadampa Dharma.
The program comprises the following seven subjects, in addition to the six texts that are also included on the Foundation Program, all based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
1. Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
2. Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
3. The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
4. Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
5. Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary The New Guide to Dakini Land
6. Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
7. The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
This book is a clear and simple manual for practicing Mahamudra Tantra – the quick and profound method for uncovering the deepest levels of peace and happiness within our own mind.
Mahamudra is the union of the most subtle mind that experiences great bliss and realizes ultimate truth – the way things actually exist. From his practical experience, Geshe Kelsang Gyatso explains how to prepare our mind for Mahamudra meditation, how to remove obstacles to successful practice, and how we can experience progressively subtler states of mind. By explaining how to uncover and purify the deepest level of our mind and to use this very subtle blissful mind to meditate on ultimate truth, he shows how we can destroy all our negative minds at their very root and quickly reach the state of full enlightenment.
Heruka and Vajrayogini empowerments are a prerequisite for the study of this book. Generally, it is good to have at least a basic understanding of foundational Buddhist topics such as renunciation, bodhichitta, and emptiness before joining Teacher Training Program. The entire program takes approximately twelve years to complete.
The result of the program is to gain a practical understanding of the meaning of each of the seven subjects listed above, as well as the six texts that are also included on the Foundation Program, and to deepen our understanding and experience of the meaning through meditation. Classes include a Vajrayogini sadhana, guided meditations, an explanatory teaching, paired discussion, and a group conclusion. Each class covers an assigned number of pages in the book with the emphasis on understanding the deep meanings, and learning how to apply them practically to our daily life as well as our meditations.
1. To be personally motivated by the three purposes outlined above.
2. To complete the study of all the subjects without interruption.
3. To attend every class unless work, family commitments or health issues prevent it.
4. & 5. To study and memorize the essential points of each subject and to sit the examination at the end of each course.
6. To engage to the best of your ability in the TTP retreats.
7. To attend a group puja at the Center or to attend a General Program class each week.
8. To maintain the moral discipline of (at least) the five lay precepts on the premises.
Cost: $80/month (12 months/year) includes these TTP classes, unlimited GP classes, and all local retreats, workshops, as well as discounts on empowerments.