Teachings, meditations, retreats, and teaching skills with Gen Jindak
Sundays at 3 pm – 4:30 pm & 5 pm – 6:30 pm
Begins Sunday, September 17
If you have experience with Kadampa Buddhist teachings, have HYT empowerment, and have the conditions to keep the commitments below, please contact our teacher about enrollment – email@example.com.
The purpose of the Teacher Training Program is…
1. To provide an extensive presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism
2. To train as qualified New Kadampa Tradition Teachers
3. To benefit living beings through the flourishing of Kadampa Dharma.
The program comprises the following seven subjects, in addition to the six texts that are also included on the Foundation Program, all based on Buddha’s Sutra and Tantra teachings and the corresponding commentaries by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso:
We are currently studying: Tantric Gounds & Paths: How to Attain Enlightenment Through the Practice of Tantra
Tantric Grounds & Paths is a definitive manual for completing the spiritual path through the practice of Highest Yoga Tantra. Actual Tantra, also known as “Secret Mantra” or “Vajrayana,” is a special method taught by Buddha to purify our world, our self, our enjoyments and our activities.
A definitive manual for completing the spiritual path through the practice of Highest Yoga Tantra. Actual Tantra, also known as “Secret Mantra” or “Vajrayana,” is a special method taught by Buddha to purify our world, our self, our enjoyments and our activities.
Heruka and Vajrayogini empowerments are a prerequisite for the study of this book. Generally, it is good to have at least a basic understanding of foundational Buddhist topics such as renunciation, bodhichitta, and emptiness before joining Teacher Training Program. The entire program takes approximately twelve years to complete.
The result of the program is to gain a practical understanding of the meaning of each of the seven subjects listed above, as well as the six texts that are also included on the Foundation Program, and to deepen our understanding and experience of the meaning through meditation. Classes include a Vajrayogini sadhana, guided meditations, an explanatory teaching, paired discussion, and a group conclusion. Each class covers an assigned number of pages in the book with the emphasis on understanding the deep meanings, and learning how to apply them practically to our daily life as well as our meditations.
1. To be personally motivated by the three purposes outlined above.
2. To complete the study of all the subjects without interruption.
3. To attend every class unless work, family commitments or health issues prevent it.
4. & 5. To study and memorize the essential points of each subject and to sit the examination at the end of each course.
6. To engage to the best of your ability in the TTP retreats.
7. To attend a group puja at the Center or to attend a General Program class each week.
8. To maintain the moral discipline of (at least) the five lay precepts on the premises.
Cost: $80/month (12 months/year) includes these TTP classes, unlimited GP classes, and all local retreats, workshops, as well as discounts on empowerments.